If you have any feedback for Eric Insurance it would be great to hear from you. We are always striving to make things better and your feedback is invaluable to ensure we deliver the best experience possible. To provide feedback go to Contact Us and select the “Customer Feedback” option in the first drop-down box.
We have an internal procedure for dispute resolution so that if at any time our products or services have not satisfied your expectations you can contact us to lodge a complaint in any of the following ways:
By Phone: 1800 999 977
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Writing: PO Box 9106, Scoresby VIC 3179
If you have a complaint, please give us every opportunity to try to resolve your complaint.
Step 1: Customer Resolutions Leader Review
If you are not satisfied with our initial response, your complaint will be referred for review by the Customer Resolutions Leader who will respond to you within 15 business days.
Step 2: Internal Dispute Resolution Committee
If the complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Committee for review. The IDR Committee members are independent and have the authority to review the decision. The IDR Committee will inform you of the final decision within fifteen business days.
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
If your concern still remains unresolved to your satisfaction, you can seek an external review of the decision by contacting the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) within two years of us informing you of our final decision.
AFCA is without cost to you and the decision of the AFCA is binding on us.
Code of Practice
The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has developed a voluntary General Insurance Code of Practice to which we are a signatory. This Code aims to raise the standards of practice and service within the general insurance industry and it includes, but is not limited to, the following:
We will only ask for, and take into account, relevant information when selling insurance;
Our representatives will act in an honest, fair, efficient and transparent manner;
We will respond to routine requests for information within 10 business days; and
We will keep you informed of the progress of your claim.
To obtain a copy of the code visit www.codeofpractice.com.au
The Code Governance Committee is the independent body that monitors and enforces insurers’ compliance with the General Insurance Code of Practice. Their purpose is to drive better Code compliance, helping the insurance industry to improve its service to consumers.
To find out more about the Code Governance Committee, visit their website here
Our Promise to You
At eric, we put the customer at the centre of everything we do. We are not only committed to assisting you when something unexpected happens to your vehicle. If something unexpected happens in relation to your claim or policy, we are equally as committed.
The following 10 dispute handing principles apply to eric, its employees and representatives when responding to a customer dispute.
- We act fairly, honestly and transparently in the handling of all disputes.
- Our dispute resolution team is independent from other teams at eric and considers each dispute on a case-by-case basis.
- Our dispute resolution process is 100% free. There is no cost to you at all to lodge a complaint internally or externally.
- We investigate disputes thoroughly and without delay.
- We empower our dispute resolution specialists and equip them with appropriate knowledge to effectively assess and review any dispute.
- We consider our customers personal circumstances when reviewing disputes with respect and sensitivity.
- When we become aware that we have done something wrong, we act promptly to provide a resolution.
- We keep our customers up to date on the progress of their dispute.
- We are open about avenues for resolution and dispute escalation and co-operate with any external review of the dispute.
- We act on and are open to feedback and respond to issues that could impact other customers.